Families Needed for our Spring 2002 Program!
Our Spring 2002
program begins in April 2002.
Providing a foster home for a rescued shelter
dog offers many benefits!
- Never had a dog or has it been a long time?
This is a great way to see if dog ownership is for you.
- Learn about dog training through participation
in our 8 week obedience class.
- Have kids who want a dog? This is a great
way to teach them about the responsibilities of pet ownership without
making a long-term commitment.
- Most importantly - you'll have the gratification
of knowing you helped save a life!
What we ask of our Foster Families:
- Provide basic housing and hygiene for your
- Attend weekly, evening training sessions
at UC Davis (1-2 hrs. per week) plus daily at-home training.
- Provide a caring home conducive to the adjustment
and socialization of your foster dog.
What we provide to our Foster Families
free of charge:
- All of the supplies you need, such as a
collar, leash, food, bowls, shampoo, crate, toys, etc.
- All medical care, vaccinations, heart worm
preventative medication, and spay/neuter services.
- Adoption arrangements for your foster dog
at the end of the 8 week program.
As a foster parent, you will have the opportunity
to learn training strategies and see the results of your hard work.
But most importantly, you will have given a dog who had run out of time
the chance to live out his or her life in a loving, permanent home.
If you are interested in becoming
a foster family or want more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call 530-792-6177 for more information. You can help save a life!